Awards Available: 3
Award Deadline: May 1, 2015
2015 Scholarship Essay Contest Topic
"What role can IAPMO play in helping the plumbing industry develop new sources of potable water?"
The International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO), a worldwide organization of dedicated professionals striving to make our planet a safer and healthier place in which to live, will again sponsor an essay competition awarding scholarships to three young people.
Participants in this year’s contest will submit essays expressing their thoughts on “What role can IAPMO play in helping the plumbing industry develop new sources of potable water?” As IAPMO’s Uniform Plumbing Code® serves as the basis of codes that protect one half of the world’s population through safe installation and governance of plumbing systems around the globe and includes numerous provisions addressing sustainable systems and practices, the topic chosen by the IAPMO Board of Directors succinctly reflects both IAPMO’s 87-year-old mission and its future.
To acquaint the uninitiated with the crucial importance the plumbing industry plays in our everyday lives.
Must be a current high school senior; or enrolled or accepted as a full-time (12 credit hours) student in an accredited technical school, community college, trade school, four-year accredited college or university, or an apprentice program.
1. The deadline for essay submissions is 11:59pm (PT) on May 1, 2015.
2. Students must provide a copy of their full time schedule to confirm eligibility.
3. Essays must be written on the topic noted above, and must be an original essay.
4. One essay per student.
5. Essays should be no fewer than 800 words and no more than 1,600 words.
6. Essays must be typewritten, double-spaced. All citations to factual data should be noted in the
footnote or in a References page.
7. Cover page should include student’s name, address, phone number and email.
Go to Scholarship Application:
IAPMO Essay Scholarship Contest