For your reference, you can review last year’s application (do not complete or submit this form).
- Complete the Application, including the written statement worth 60% overall, and the resume worth 40% overall. It must be completed online using the mandatory format, printed, signed, and submitted. Scoring guides (PDF) are available for reference. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Completed applications must be submitted to the Ministry no later than February 15, 2019.
- Selection of winners will be finalized after August 31, 2019
- Meet basic eligibility requirements
- Be in your graduation year with graduation to occur by August 31 of the school year in which you apply
- Be eligible for a B.C. Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Diploma) and fulfill graduation requirements of the Graduation Program (2018) by August 31, 2019
- Have at least a:
- "B" (73% or above) in your Language Arts 11 final mark
- "B" average in final course marks that fulfill graduation requirements of Science 11 or 12, Math 11 and Social Studies 11 or 12, with no more than one "C+" (67% or above) final course mark, (marks lower than “C+” are not accepted)
- Maintain a “B” average or better in Grades 11 and 12 final course marks required for graduation
- Write and pass a Language Arts 12 provincial examination
Your application package must include:
- Resume in the mandatory format
- Two reference letters, one from your community and one from your school
- A written statement, maximum 500 words, which describes why you want to be a teacher
Schools will be notified in June if there is a conditional winner from their school. Winners will be notified directly in September when eligibility is confirmed.
Conditional winners and their schools will be notified by email in May. Winners will be notified directly in September when eligibility is confirmed.