To be considered for the Award, applicants must meet be:
- In good academic standing.
- Canadian citizens or landed immigrants.
- Students graduating from secondary (high) school or students completing their first year of CÉGEP or students who have completed secondary (high) school
- Involved in voluntary humanitarian activities (for which they have not been compensated).
- Planning to or are already studying towards their first university degree or diploma at a Canadian post-secondary institution, or entering their 2nd year of CÉGEP in the upcoming academic year.
ValueThe maximum value of the award is $28,000, dispersed over four (4) years. A stipend of $7,000 is issued directly to the institution each year in two installments of $3,500, one in September and one in January. For students who do not pay tuition fees, the award is $3,500 per year, issued directly to the institution in two installments of $1,750 each.
Recipients of the Terry Fox Humanitarian Award may not receive more than $15,000 in total scholarships annually (including the Terry Fox Humanitarian Award). If a student’s awards exceed this amount, any excess will be deducted from the student’s Terry Fox Award.
If a student’s academic expenses are covered by another source, they may choose to decline acceptance of the financial portion of the award. They will still be granted the distinction of being a Terry Fox Scholar.
Due: Feb 1