THIS SCHOLARSHIP WAS CREATED IN PERPETUITY TO:
- Reduce financial and other barriers students face when accessing post-secondary education
- Foster academic achievement
- Ensure successful transition to university learning and life
- Build confidence and develop life skills
- Position students for career and leadership success
- Build a life-long international community in partnership with the Uggla Family Scholars program at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) and graduates of the Shitima School in Kabwe, Zambia
- Foster networks for life through a dynamic alumni cohort
- ELIGIBILITYThe scholarships are awarded to students who face significant financial barriers to participation in post-secondary education. This may include students who identify as Indigenous, Black, or a person of colour, students living with disabilities, LGBTQIA2S+ students, and students of all gender identities. The intent of the Uggla Family Scholarship is to promote equity and remove historical and existing discrimination, including barriers to full participation in social, cultural, economic and political life.
Other eligibility criteria include:
- Being admitted to SFU as a domestic applicant.
- Demonstrated academic excellence and outstanding potential to be a future leader through personal achievements or contributions to their school or community.
- HOW TO APPLYThe application period for Fall 2022 will open in late-January - date TBC. Please see below for an overview of what to expect, and advice for completing your scholarship application. The deadline to apply is late February, 2022 - date TBC.