R.T. Reynolds Memorial Scholarship
Mr. Robert T. Reynolds, one of Delta Hospital's first presidents and a member of Delta municipality's pioneer families, made an outstanding contribution to the community during his lifetime. Very active in the furtherance of sound and progressive agricultural policies and community works, he also dedicated much time and energy towards obtaining a hospital for Delta. His dedication and perseverance in the face of many obstacles was a major factor in the construction of the fine facility we are all so proud of today.
This scholarship of $1,500.00 is awarded annually in recognition of Robert T. Reynolds' exemplary service. It is open to all Grade 12 students who reside in Delta and who intend to undertake post-secondary education in any field. Preference will be given to those students pursuing a career in healthcare.
Certain factors have a major bearing on an applicant's success, such as their participation in extracurricular activities, community volunteer activities, and academic achievement.
Eligibility: Any Grade 12 student resident of Delta who is advancing to post-secondary education may apply.
Documentation: The following documentation is required:
1. The completed application form
2. A personal letter from the applicant detailing the chosen career, the institute selected or considering, the reason for pursuing this career and your significant contributions made to the community.
3. A copy of official senior secondary school transcript of Grade 11 and 12 mark.
4. Three letters of reference, no more than two from school
5. List of awards or certificates of achievement
6. Volunteer score sheet completed
Please pick up application forms in the Career Centre