Making a difference in the lives of studentsThe Charlene Reaveley Children’s Charity recognizes graduating students who harbor the hope and potential for a brighter tomorrow in the face of adversity through the loss of a parent and/or sibling.
CRCCS is proud to give back by providing financial recognition to students who exemplify Charlene’s involvement in the community and/or volunteer work which encourages the youth of today to be the leaders of tomorrow. This program was inspired by Charlene’s passion for children and desire for a closer community.
All bursaries require that candidates are in good academic standing, contribute to their communities, and will be furthering their education at a post-secondary institution upon graduation. Graduating students have endured loss and it shapes who they are. Despite their adversity and loss they are taking a step forward and focusing on the positive. Since 2015, CRCCS has awarded almost $100,000 to students as they have demonstrated their determination to shape their future, wrote essays on how their loss has impacted their life and choices they have made, and their perseverance for their future.
CRCCS board of directors will select the successful recipients based the availability of funding designated to this program for the fiscal year.
To qualify for a $1000 CRCCS bursary, the student will be required to meet the criteria. The criteria includes;
- Grade 12 graduating student
- Loss of a parent and/or a sibling
- Enrolled in a certified post secondary program within the same year of graduating
- Involved in the community/volunteer work
- A BC Resident
- A minimum 500 word essay on how you fit the criteria and how you have been impacted by your loss (PDF, Google Doc or MS Word format)
- Applicant Information – Full name, mailing address, phone number, and email address
- School Information – School name, mailing address, phone number, counsellor name and email address
- (Include applicant and school information on a cover page)
- (There is no ‘application form’ to complete. Complete an essay with how the applicant fits the criteria)
Applicants need to email the completed essay with all criteria included and date stamped by April 15th of their graduating year.
Only complete applications are eligible for bursaries.
All criteria is required for a complete application.
No late applications accepted.
Submit your application to:email@example.com
Contact:For inquires or questions, please contact: