The purpose of this award is to encourage high school students residing in Delta who are in their graduating year to display an interest in local or regional heritage (as demonstrated through an original piece of work) and to continue their post-secondary studies after high school graduation.
Delta Heritage Advisory Commission
1. This scholarship is valid for all post-secondary institutions, including colleges, universities, technical schools, trade schools/programs/apprenticeships, art schools, or any other career oriented coursework or program.
2. The award will be provided to the student on proof of registration in a
1. A student is eligible for this award one time only.
2. If selected to receive the award, a student may defer acceptance for two full years after graduation.
Awarded once annually – Not Renewable
- Open to all grade 12 students residing in Delta who are in their graduating year.
- To qualify, each student must submit an original work using one of the media listed below:
- text (i.e. essay, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, journalism);
- visual art or craft (i.e. photography, drawing, painting, 3-D elements);
- web design (i.e. website, animation, digital game, etc.);
- audio or video productions (i.e. songs, documentaries, commentaries, films);
- stage or theatrical presentation (digitally recorded).
- The work must document or speak to a physical or cultural aspect of local or regional heritage related to Delta. You may wish to begin your research by checking out www.deltamuseum.ca or visiting the Edgar Dunning Archives at 4450 Clarence Taylor Crescent.
- Each submission must be accompanied by a statement (maximum of 250 words) briefly stating how the work fulfills Criteria #3 above.
The 2016 deadline is May 27, 2016
Please pick up application form in the Career Centre