Scholarship opportunities are available to grade 12 high school students (outside Quebec) and first-year attending ‘Collège d’enseignement général et professionnel’ (CEGEP) students (in Quebec) who are aspiring to a career in medicine or the health sciences. The value of the scholarship is $1,000 per year for up to four years of post-secondary education at any accredited Canadian university. They are, therefore, attributed to the first four years at university (outside Quebec) or to the second year at the CEGEP and the first three years at university (Quebec). Candidates in CEGEP must be attending a program that leads to university studies.
Four scholarship recipients will be selected each year, one from each of the following geographic regions: 1) Western provinces (AB BC MB SK); 2) Ontario; 3) Quebec; 4) Atlantic provinces and Territories (NB NL NS PE NT NU YT).
Scholarship recipients are chosen based on the following criteria:
- Academic excellence (applicants must have an average of 85% or higher to apply)
- Examples of tasks or activities that demonstrate your ability to:
- Lead other people
- Work in collaboration with others
- Communicate effectively
- Raise awareness about social issues that you are passionate about
- Live your life with honesty, integrity, respect and compassion
- Awards and recognition
- Extra-curricular activities and community service
- Evidence of interest in pursuing an education and career in medical/health sciences.
Application link: http://cdnmedhall.org/student-programs