We offer scholarships, mentorship and summer paid-internship opportunities to promising students facing financial adversity. We award $40,000 per student over 4 years for undergrad degrees, and $15,000 per student over two years for college or trade diplomas (full-time studies).
In our first year, we will be selecting 50 students (from the Lower Mainland only) applying to eight Lower Mainland institutions: SFU, UBC, BCIT, CapilanoU, Kwantlen, Douglas, Langara and JIBC. The program plans to expand in the future to support up to 100 students throughout British Columbia each year, applying to all BC public post-secondary institutions.
The deadline for applications is February 15th, 2019.
The basic eligibility criteria for the program. To be considered, all applicants must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident for at least three years
- Reside in the Lower Mainland (only 2018/19 applications). Beedie Luminaries plans to scale the program in the future to include students from across BC, applying to all public BC post-secondary institutions
- Be in Grade 12 (2018/19 application only, future application opportunities may change)
- Have applied (or plan to apply) to a BC post-secondary institution or trade school for a full-time program commencing in September 2019 (the above listed eight institutions)
- Have a minimum overall grade average of 75% in their most recently completed school year
- Have faced financial adversity
- Use funding for a post-secondary institution, trade school or college
- Be endorsed by their school principal, a teacher or counsellor (required) and a community organization (optional). The letters of endorsement must be included with the application.
To see the complete Program Guidelines and Criteria document please click here.
Apply https://beedieluminaries.ca/apply/ .