NEW criteria for 2018 – applications will be accepted from January 1 to March 31 – application form will be posted by the end of November 2017.
The BC Hydro Power Pioneers are recognizing youth who have excelled in community service. There are twenty $500 awards available throughout British Columbia.
We’re looking for students who have made outstanding contributions in their community for a considerable amount of time or have initiated, organized or contributed significantly to a one-time project.
Priority will be given to students who volunteer in their communities by participating in or organizing programs and initiatives that focus on one of these areas:
- The smart use of energy – show us how you educate, inspire and develop new ideas around energy and energy efficiency.
- The promotion of safety – at the top of our list is electrical safety but it can also focus on water safety and emergency preparedness.
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents of BC,
- Graduating from high school in June 2018,
- Planning to attend an accredited Canadian university, college or technical school in the areas of science, technology, engineering, math or the trades for fall 2018.
- Completed application form (below),
- 500 word essay of voluntary contributions you have made to your community,
- Reference letter(s) from the community organization(s) you have worked with,
- Reference letter from a teacher, counsellor or principal at your school,
- Confirmation of a passing grade,
- Proof of age and citizenship or status.
- Proof of post-secondary institution application.
Contact Glen Canning