Community Mental Wellness Association of Canada is proud to announce the launch of two (2) x $1,000 bursaries to Grade 12 students going into fulltime studies in the Health Sciences field in Post Secondary, Trade school or Business colleges.
The following criteria are to be considered when completing the application.
- Students must be graduating from Grade 12.
- A copy of the latest report card is required.
- The student must have a strong interest and be going into the Health Sciences field such as Medicine, Nursing, Social Work, Mental Health, Counselling in the Mental Health arena
- Include a resume of school/community participation in Health-related activities and volunteering.
- Provide a letter from their school counsellor that reflects how the applicant models socially responsible behaviour.
- Consideration will be given to students who may suffer from financial hardship.
- The winners will be required to come to a presentation of the bursary at a fundraising event.
Details on the application include:
- The essay should contain 500-700 words.Entries may be typed.
- The topic will be “Is There a Connection between Mental Health and Peer Pressure? OR b) What is Mental Health?”
- A paragraph about their hobbies, social activities and volunteer opportunities.
Download application here