BC Transplant will award two $1000 scholarships to grade 12 students who lead an organ donation awareness project in their school or community during the 2020/21 school year.
Award value: 2 x $1,000 scholarships
- Submit a 500-word essay or short video that showcases your organ donation awareness project, how you planned it, and its impact.
- If you have a personal connection to organ donation or transplant, share that story with us.
- Get creative – we love to see photos, videos, drawings, recordings, poems and whatever else helps support your submission.
- Provide a reference letter from a teacher/community leader.
- You must not be related to anyone employed at BC Transplant.
Need some help to get started? Check out our Green Shirt Day School Toolkit for ideas.
You might organize your whole school to participate in Green Shirt Day on April 7, issue a social media challenge for the month of April, create an awareness video, or organize an organ donor registration drive in your community.
- Open to grade 12 students who live in British Columbia, and plan to enrol full-time in a recognized post-secondary program.
Please submit your application to Alicia.DiCesare@bct.phsa.ca or mail it to Suite 260, 1770 West 7th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V6J 4Y6 Attention: Scholarship Program. Submissions must include your first and last name, school, city, email and phone number.
*Photos and videos may be used in BC Transplant's social media.*