1. KPU's English Proficiency Requirement - All undergraduate applicants must meet KPU's English proficiency requirement through one of:
- High school courses
- A grade of C+ in English 12 or approved equivalency (formerly C)
- A grade of A in Communications 12 (formerly C)
- Testing options
- KPU English Placement Test
- IELTS: 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 (formerly 6.0 with no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL: 88 with no subscore less than 20 (formerly 80)
- Post secondary courses
2. Admission to a Faculty - Instead of admitting students to a credential (our current practice), KPU will admit new students to a Faculty.
3. Faculty Pathway - Students who do not meet their desired Faculty's undergraduate admission requirements will be offered admission to a Faculty Pathway. The Pathway is a unique model which will allow students to still be admitted to their Faculty and take university level classes while upgrading.
4. New Applicant Categories - KPU will now have the following applicant categories: High School, Transfer, Mature, Aboriginal, General Interest, Concurrent, Exchange, Visiting.
5. New Online Application - KPU's new online application will be part of the ApplyBC portal, used by many other institutions. The new application will allow students to apply to their first and second choice Faculties, as well as save their progress and log back into their application.
For more information regarding the new admissions model, please visit kpu.ca/transitions.