Two exciting courses to choose from: Environmental Sciences, in which students tackle the hot topic of sustainability, and explore it through field research in lab and natural surroundings of the Okanagan valley. New this year! Applied Science, in which students are introduced to the design process through applied engineering projects, and explore topics ranging from robotics technology to 3D printing.
The Summer Scholars Program is a non-credit course that will give students a solid foundation in environmental or applied sciences. They will:
· Complete a final study project, perfect for any college application
· Live on campus and be mentored by current UBC students
· Explore the city of Kelowna, a top tourist destination in BC
· Meet and make friends from all over the world [video] - more than 70 students from 27 countries have participated so far
Who is eligible?
Students must be:
· Between 16 and 18 years of age;
· Entering one of their final two years of high school;
· In good academic standing (unofficial transcript required); and
· Be able to undertake studies in English at a university level