To further our goal of inspiring volunteerism, we have created the YTS Scholarship for Community Service. This year, YTS will be giving out three $1000 scholarships. Each scholarship will recognize a student’s dedication and commitment to selfless service in the community. We hope to celebrate the achievements of three young individuals who have created positive change in their communities.
To be considered for this award, the applicant must be:
1. A graduating, grade 12 student attending secondary school within the lower mainland
2. Attending a Canadian post-secondary institution on a full-time basis beginning September 2019.
3. Actively involved in voluntary pursuits of any kind (humanitarian, environmental, etc…)
4. Minimum academic average of 70%
How To Apply
1. Review the eligibility criteria, application steps, and information document.
2. Complete the application form. Click here to access the form.
3. Email us your resume detailing your volunteer experience, leadership work, and any other extracurricular activities to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title your document under your name (e.g. John Smith). Your application will be considered incomplete if you do not submit your resume by the deadline.
4. Send us a video of yourself answering the questions found below in bullet points. We ask that you email us a link to Google Drive, YouTube, or Dropbox from where we can directly download your video. Title your video under your name (e.g. John Smith). Please ensure your video is between 2-3 minutes.
The application deadline is on Friday May 3rd, 2019 at 11:59pm. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us back at