Am I eligible?You’re eligible if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident entering UBC’s Vancouver or Okanagan campus directly from high school or transferring from another post-secondary institution to your first undergraduate degree (post-baccalaureate students are not eligible to apply). You and your family must complete an application to demonstrate financial need. The application requires a reference letter from someone who is well acquainted with you and who can comment on your character, interest in UBC, and financial situation. This could include – but is not limited to – coaches, teachers, counsellors, principals, supervisors from work and volunteer positions, family doctors, and community or religious leaders.
How do I apply?For the studentYou will be required to complete the following by the December 1 deadline:
- Apply to UBC
- Submit the Centennial Scholars Entrance Award application
- Have your parent/guardian submit Supporting Documentation
- Have your reference submit the Reference Form
- Once you start the application, you will not be able to save and go back to it later.
- You will require the applicant’s UBC Student Number in order to submit supporting documentation.
- You will be asked financial information such as tax information, assets, resources, and income regarding you and your spouse or common law partner (if applicable).
- Please review the instructions and complete the Reference Form:
912 KB PDF
Download and complete this form.When is the deadline?The deadline for completed 2017/18 applications to be received by UBC Enrolment Services is December 1, 2016. If you submitted an application for the 2017/18 academic year, UBC will notify you of a decision by the end of April.