- You must be a strong academic student and meet all UBC admissions requirements.
- You must demonstrate financial need.
- You must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or protected person in Canada.
- You must be entering directly from high school or transferring from another post-secondary institution.
- You must apply to a direct entry undergraduate program at UBC, and not have a previous degree.
The Centennial Scholars Entrance Award is separate from the Presidential Scholars Award. You are eligible to apply for both awards, provided you meet the criteria.
How do you apply?
A completed Centennial Scholars Application will include the following:
- Student Application Form
- Description of Circumstance (maximum 1000 words)
A statement outlining your personal, family, and financial situation that makes it necessary for you to apply for this award. You must explain your involvement and contribution to your school, community, or family, and your interest in joining and contributing to the UBC community. You must also describe how receiving this award will impact your personal situation, now and in the future.
- Parent/Guardian Form
This is to provide information on your family’s finances, and is required for students who have been attending high school within the past 48 months. If you are not in contact with your parent/guardian or are unable to submit a parent/guardian form, you can explain your situation in your Description of Circumstance.
- Reference Form
Your personal reference must be well acquainted with you, and able to comment on your character, interest in UBC, and financial circumstances. Your reference could be – but is not limited to – a coach, a teacher, your counsellor, your principal, your supervisor from a work or volunteer position, your family doctor, or a community or religious leader.
Your UBC admission application and completed Centennial Scholars Entrance Award application must be received by December 1, 2020.
UBC will contact the majority of Centennial Scholars Entrance Award recipients by May 15, 2021. Only successful award applicants will be contacted.
You must complete your UBC Application before you can apply for the Centennial Scholars Award