2015-16 ORANGE SCHOLARS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
OPENS NOV. 3, 2014 AND ENDS ON JAN. 20, 2015 AT 11:59PM CST.
The Homer Fund seeks to truly make a positive impact in our associates’ lives. The Fund recognizes how expensive post-secondary education can be, and decided in 2006 to branch out and seek other ways to show its support of our associates. Thus, the Orange Scholars Scholarship Program was created.
Orange Scholars offers scholarships to associates' children based on financial need and academic performance, as well as community involvement and leadership. Financial need is given the highest consideration. Minimum qualifications for the Orange Scholars Scholarship Program are:
- Applicant must be the dependent of a full- or part-time hourly associate of The Home Depot and its subsidiaries, The Home Depot Canada or The Home Depot Mexico, at the time of application.
- Winners from the 2014-15 program may apply regardless of status
- Applicant must be a current high school senior, or a current college freshman, sophomore or junior planning to enroll as a full-time undergraduate student in the fall of 2015
- Applicant must attend an accredited, non-profit two-or four-year college/university
- For-profit colleges/universities are not eligible for this scholarship
- Applicant's parent/legal guardian must be a Home Depot associate for at least one year as of November 3, 2014 and must be a Home Depot associate at the time the scholarship is awarded