This is the first time that Sunshine Society has come out with this opportunity and we are looking forward to offering this opportunity annually!
The scholarship requires that candidates are currently in the 12th grade at a secondary school in the Metro-Vancouver region and is confirmed to be attending an accredited Canadian post-secondary institute. Candidates must demonstrate strong community involvement, possess the motivation for a bright future in the face of adversity, and be facing financial hardships.
To qualify for a $250 scholarship on behalf of Sunshine Society, the student will be required to meet the following criteria:
- Currently in the 12th grade (Class of 2022)
- Enrolled in a secondary school in the Metro-Vancouver region
- Confirmed to be attending an accredited Canadian post-secondary institute
- Demonstrates strong community involvement
- Has faced and overcome adversity
- Is currently in the state of financial hardship
- Applicant Information - Full name, mailing address, phone number, email address, Instagram username, and the name and mailing address of your secondary school
- Follow Sunshine Society on Instagram @sunshinesociety.bc
- Applicants must write their responses to the following prompts (250 words minimum, 750 words maximum):
- Describe a situation when you faced an obstacle or adversity (and how you overcame it).
- Who is someone you look up to as your role model and why?
- Describe a person or an event in your life that shaped you somehow.
In the event that you are chosen as the recipient, you must be prepared to provide us with
- Proof of admission by August 2022 - before the amount is paid
- Provide consent to media release
- Be prepared to provide a statement following the declaration of being named the recipient
- Provide us with a follow-up statement 1 year after being declared the recipient
Applicants must email this document as a PDF by November 20th at 11:59pm
Late applications will not be considered.
*Only complete applications with all criteria attached are eligible*
Submit your application to:
Feel free to email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or DM us on Instagram (@sunshinesociety.bc)!