Description:The SFU Aboriginal Student Entrance Award is offered to Canadian Aboriginal students with strong community involvement, who are entering Simon Fraser University from a Canadian secondary school, BC college/university or upon the successful completion of the SFU Aboriginal University Prep or Aboriginal Pre-Health program. To be eligible, regular secondary school applicants must have a minimum admissions average of 80% for the Faculty they have applied to (not rounded up) and IB diploma applicants must have the IB diploma score required for admission, and college/university applicants must have a transfer GPA of 2.5 (not rounded up).
Entrance Award and Bursary Applicants coming from a BC/Yukon regular secondary school must self-report their grades by the deadline date.
- Value: $2,500 over two terms
- Number: Varies per term
- Citizenship: Canadian Citizens
- Term: Fall (pending available funding, Spring and Summer may also be offered)
- Letter of Reference from a community official who can speak to your involvement
- Documentation of your Aboriginal heritage: photocopy or scan of your Indian or Metis Card (front & back)