Mr. Robert T. Reynolds, one of Delta Hospital's first presidents and a member of Delta municipality's pioneer families, made an outstanding contribution to the community during his lifetime. Very active in the furtherance of sound and progressive agricultural policies and community works, he also dedicated much time and energy towards obtaining a hospital for Delta. His dedication and perseverance in the face of many obstacles was a major factor in the construction of the fine facility we are all so proud of today.
This scholarship of $1,000.00 is awarded annually in recognition of Robert T. Reynolds' exemplary service. It is open to all Grade 12 students who reside in Delta and who intend to undertake post-secondary education in any field. Preference will be given to those students pursuing a career in healthcare.
Certain factors have a major bearing on an applicant's success, such as their participation in extracurricular activities, community volunteer activities, and academic achievement.
EligibilityAny Grade 12 student resident of Delta who is advancing to post-secondary education may apply.
DocumentationThe following documentation is required:
- The completed application form (download here).and activities score sheet
- A personal letter from the applicant detailing the chosen career, the institute selected, the reason for pursuing this career and your significant contributions made to the community.
- A photocopy of senior secondary school transcript of Grade 11 and Grade 12 marks.
- Three letters of reference, one from the teaching staff and two from leaders of his/her community activities.
- List of awards or certificates of achievement.
- is solely responsible for the preparation and submission of the application form;
- understands the value of four key factors of the application process;
- Personal Letter 30%
- Community Activities 30%
- Transcripts 25%
- Reference Letters 15%
- Submit three letters of references: one from a school professional, the other two from community leaders or business people.
- Ensure the personal letter provides a good personal profile by outlining goals, achievements, community contribution, and hobbies. Please be sure your letter is handwritten and signed.
- Include a list of awards or certificates of achievement.
The successful candidate will be advised in writing from the Foundation office. The scholarship will be awarded at the Delta Hospital on a date to be advised. The successful candidate and their family are invited to the award ceremony. All other applicants will be notified in writing of the successful candidate.
Applications and SubmissionDownload the 2017 Robert T. Reynolds Scholarship Application and Score for Activities sheet, and forward the completed form and supporting documents to:
Lisa Hoglund, Executive Director
Delta Hospital Foundation
5800 Mountain View Blvd. Delta, B.C. V4K 3V6