The inaugural Peltier Aviation Scholarship is a $1,000 scholarship that will be awarded to a Métis individual who has demonstrated leadership, service to the Métis community, and a commitment to a post-secondary education in the aviation field. This scholarship is made available through the Peltier Education Foundation which was created by Sid Peltier and his family as a way to give back to the Métis community.
Sid Peltier is Métis and was the oldest of 11 children. Born and raised in Manitoba, Sid moved to British Columbia in the late 1970’s to pursue a career as a helicopter pilot. Sid is currently the owner of White River Helicopters, which has been operating in the Terrace, BC, area since 1993, and is the oldest privately and locally owned helicopter charter service in Terrace. After over 39 years in the aviation industry, and over 14,000+ hours of helicopter flying, Sid hopes that this scholarship will help encourage a new generation of Métis to enter the field of aviation.
In order to be considered for the Peltier Aviation Scholarship, an applicant must:
Be able to demonstrate leadership and service to the Métis community, and
Be entering or continuing post-secondary education in any field related to aviation, including, but not limited to:
-Flight school, etc.
How to Apply:
Applicants must include the following information to be considered for the Peltier Aviation Scholarship:
1. Their completed application form;
2. A copy (both sides) of their Métis Citizenship Card or other proof of the applicant’s Métis heritage to the satisfaction of the Peltier Education Foundation;
3. A copy of their confirmation of enrollment in a program related to the field of aviation (individuals may apply and be considered for the Peltier Aviation Scholarship prior to receiving confirmation of enrollment. Proof of enrollment, however, will be required before the scholarship will be awarded);
4. Two reference letters – one academic and one personal;
5. A covering letter describing why you are a good candidate for the scholarship; and
6. Their current official transcript of Grade 12 and/or post-secondary institution
Please submit your completed scholarship package post-marked on or before June 1, 2015, to:
Peltier Education Foundation - Aviation
507-15388 105 Ave
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download application here