The online application form for the 2019/2020 school year is now available. The deadline is February 28, 2020.
The Pathway to Teacher Education Scholarship is awarded to 20 outstanding high school graduates who have demonstrated a commitment and aptitude for a career path in K-12 teaching. Winners receive a $5,000 scholarship voucher to redeem when they are registered and attending an approved K-12 teacher education program at one of BC’s nine Faculties of Education.
In the online application, you will be asked to provide specific information and additional attachments.
- You can prepare by reviewing the list on the first page of the Application in advance
- You will upload any required attachments directly to the online application when prompted
- Attachments should be Word documents or PDF files under 15 MB in size
- Complete the BC Pathway application online
- See Scoring guides (PDF) for reference
- Submit your completed application to the Ministry no later than February 28, 2020
- Selection of winners will be finalized after August 31, 2020
- Meet basic eligibility requirements
- Be eligible for a B.C. Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Diploma) and meet the requirements of the B.C. Graduation Program (2018) by August 31, 2020
- Be graduating in the same year the scholarship is awarded
- Have at least a
- "B" (73% or above) in your Language Arts 11 final mark
- "B" average in final course marks that fulfill graduation requirements of Science 11 or 12, Math 11 and Social Studies 11 or 12, with no more than one "C+" (67% or above) final course mark, (marks lower than “C+” are not accepted)
- Maintain a “B” average or better in Grades 11 and 12 final course marks required for graduation
Pathway to Education Scholarship vouchers must be redeemed within 7 years of graduation. Exact expiry dates are printed on vouchers.