Applications accepted Nov. 1, 2017 - Jan. 22, 2018The Homer Fund seeks to truly make a positive impact in our associates’ lives. The Fund recognizes how expensive post-secondary education can be, and decided in 2006 to branch out and seek other ways to show its support of our associates. Thus, the Orange Scholars Scholarship Program was created.
Orange Scholars offers scholarships to associates' children based on financial need and academic performance, as well as community involvement and leadership. Financial need is given the highest consideration. Minimum qualifications for the Orange Scholars Scholarship Program are:
- Applicant must be the dependent of a full- or part-time hourly associate of The Home Depot and its subsidiaries, The Home Depot Canada or The Home Depot Mexico, at the time of application.
- Applicant must be a current high school senior, or a current college freshman, sophomore or junior planning to enroll as a full-time undergraduate student in the fall of 2019
- Applicant must attend an accredited, non-profit two-or four-year college/university
- For-profit colleges/universities are not eligible for this scholarship
- Applicant's parent/legal guardian must be a Home Depot associate for at least one year as of November 1, 2017 and must be a Home Depot associate at the time the scholarship is awarded
Since 2006, more than 10,500 students have received scholarships totaling more than $24.5 million to help cover the expense of attending college.
Each year, up to 1,000 scholarships are awarded to qualifying applicants in amounts up to $2,500 each.*
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Click here for ORANGE SCHOLARS APPLICATION (application period is Nov. 1, 2017 - Jan. 22, 2018)
- If prompted for a Program Key or Access Code, enter orangescholars
*Scholarships awarded in the U.S. and Canada are $2,500 each; scholarships awarded in Mexico are $1,000 each