By identifying a top “hero” who is dedicated to supporting their community, those in need or the planet in general, this scholarship is designed to assist that student in furthering their efforts by supporting their studies. Moreover
Lifetime Eyecare wishes to identify a top “hero” who is also dedicated to continuing such important work in the future and that their post‐secondary education will be related to their ongoing commitment to helping others,
empowering others and/or educating others.
Applications plus all attached materials (see attached page) must be received no later than May 15, 2013. All materials must be mailed to:
Attention: Scholarship Committee
614 6th Street
New Westminster, BC V3L 3C3
• You must be a graduating 12th grader who is planning to attend a certified and legitimate post‐secondary educational institution
• You must be a student attending a secondary school in one of the following cities: New Westminster, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Surrey or Delta.
• You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
• You must graduate from secondary school by July 2013 and plan to begin a post‐secondary educational program by January 2014
• You must demonstrate either a history of service or a strong and visible desire to serve others in some form (see below) via your essay and personal or professional references.
• Service can take many forms but would normally involve volunteer or work in areas such as (but not limited to) environmental protection, social welfare, abuse, drug/alcohol addiction, senior assistance, mentoring, disability assistance, education, poverty issues, world/ community peace or economic justice.
• Please include details in your 3‐5 page essay regarding your past, present or future work in a service‐type area. Be sure to explain why this work is important to you and why you are dedicated to working on this particular issue. Also please explain how this scholarship award will assist you in your efforts to continue or begin your “hero” work.