To determine the recipients, a selection committee is formed consisting of:
- Members from the Envision Financial Regional Council
- Envision Financial employee volunteers
In order to be eligible to apply, students must meet the following criteria:
- The competition is open to students who are members of Envision Financial or the dependent of an Envision Financial member in good standing prior to July 1, 2013.
- Employees of Envision are excluded from the competition.
- To be eligible to apply, secondary students must be graduating from grade 12 in 2014 and enrolled into full-time study at a Community College, University College, University, or Technical Institute recognized by the Ministry/Dept of Advanced Education in the province or state where the institution is located prior to December 1, 2014. Funds will be released to students at the time of enrollment.
- Post-secondary school applicants must be attending a post-secondary school recognized by the Ministry/Dept of Advanced Education in the province or state where the institution is located and must be enrolled in full-time studies. Students must have at least one year of full-time studies to complete. Funds will be released at the time of enrollment.
- The applicant’s permanent residence must be in one of the communities Envision Financial serves.
- Applicants who have applied for the award in previous years can re-apply, as long as they have not previously received the award.
- Applicants must have a minimum 67% or C+ average, based on the current year’s marks to date.
- A completed application form
- Extensive community and/or school involvement
- Confirmation from two sources validating the applicant’s involvement in community and/or school activities
- A transcript of most recent marks
- Content of the application essay
Due: March 31, 2014