DYSA Scholarship Application
- DYSA will give 1 – 3 scholarships for a total value of $1000.00.
- Scholarships will be awarded by the DYSA to a successful candidate who has played in a DYSA club for a minimum of 3 years.
- Qualified applicants must be in Grade 12, proceeding to any university or post secondary institution.
- Proof of payment to any post secondary institution must be provided to the DYSA for processing of scholarship monies.
- Awarded scholarships will be given within the following school year.
- All scholarship applications must be submitted no later than April 30, 2017.
- Successful candidates will receive award notification on May 20, 2017.
- Selection process will be completed by committee; represented by the DYSA Board of Directors.
All scholarship applications must contain:
- A personal letter written by the candidate stating the following:
- Candidates name, age, school, soccer club, current team and why they believe they are a worthy candidate for this award.
- Award Criteria
ii.These traits would also include:
- Puts 100% effort into practises and games.
- Makes the players around him “better”.
- Carries himself on the field as a leader.
- Is a positive role model.
- Has a proven track record of spending extra time to improve his game.
- Gives back to his community and the sport of soccer.
- One reference letter from a coach or youth district official indicating the candidate’s character, participation in community activities, as well as soccer ability and contribution to the sport of soccer.
- A transcript of the student’s marks or photocopy of a permanent record card verified by the principal or secondary administrator’s signature.