The David C. Lam/BC TEAL ESL Scholarship was established to recognize an ESL student graduating from a B.C. Secondary School who has combined academic competence with school or community service and who wishes to further his/her education at a post-secondary institution in British Columbia. Please note that applicants for the David C. Lam Scholarship must be permanent residents/landed immigrants of Canada.
- Graduating B.C. Grade 12 student who wishes to attend a post-secondary institution;
- ESL coursework at the secondary level [grades nine to twelve];
- Consistent improvement in academic courses at the secondary level;
- School or community service
The application deadline for the David C. Lam ESL Scholarship is January 31st of each year. The successful recipient will be notified in writing within six weeks of the application deadline by the TEAL Charitable Foundation.
Application Procedure Applicants are required to submit:
- i] grade transcripts for Grade 8 to Grade 11 including records of all ESL coursework and documentation of Grade 12 program and marks to date.
- ii] a personal essay. The essay needs to be two pages in length, double-spaced and of approximately 500 words. The topic for the essay is how a post-secondary education will enable the applicant make a positive contribution to Canadian society. The essay must be the original copy and signed by the applicant.
- iii] two letters of reference. One reference letter from one of your teachers regarding academic performance and one reference letter from an administrator, counsellor, coaches, sponsors, coordinators regarding service to others.
- iv] the completed application and supporting documents to the address below.
- v] a David C. Lam/ BC TEAL ESL Scholarship Application Form included at the end of this document.
- Only applications that are complete and submitted by the deadline can be considered. Please submit only the required documents and note that additional information and/or photos cannot be accepted.
- Please submit your documents in order as follows:
1. Application Form Click here
2. Mark Transcripts
3. Personal Essay
4. Two Letters of Reference
Submit all completed applications for the David C. Lam /BC TEAL ESL
TEAL Charitable Foundation
Attention: David C. Lam/ BC TEAL ESL Scholarship
#206 – 640 West Broadway
Vancouver, B.C. V5Z 1G4
- #206 – 640 West Broadway
- Vancouver, B.C.
- Canada, V5Z 1G4