It’s time once again for the Coast Capital Savings Youth Education Awards. As you may be aware, our Education Awards celebrate students who have overcome significant life challenges and succeeded during their school years. Our awards provide them with a financial boost as they transition to pursuing their post-secondary education.
This year, we’re once again offering 43 Standing Tall Awards, each worth $3500.00
To be eligible to receive a Standing Tall Award, students must meet these five requirements at the time that they apply:
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Must have been a resident in BC for at least six months;
- Must graduate from high school during the 2020/2021 school year, from one of 26 school districts in: Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley, mid-Vancouver Island, southern Vancouver Island and Central and Northern Interior of BC;
- Must have plans to attend an accredited Canadian university, college or technical school in the 2021/2022 school year;
- Has not previously received a Youth Education Award.
Awarded to youth who have overcome adversity and have not only risen up against the odds, but are demonstrating a commitment to continue their education. This award is open to students who have faced challenges such as poverty, health, family issues,personal loss and lack of support.
DSS can nominate one student for this award. Please email me a paragraph indicating how you meet the criteria by March 30th. (Please make sure I also have your BRAG sheet in google docs)