Deadline April 12, 2019
About the BursaryCMWAC is offering 4 x $500 bursaries to Grade 12 students in pursuit of full-time studies in any of the following fields: Social Work, Psychology, Nursing and Counselling. We thank all applicants for their time and effort, however, only four students will be selected to receive an award.
- Open to Vancouver and Richmond School Districts
- Secondary students will continue Post Secondary Studies in the Lower Mainland
- Applicants will have the opportunity to volunteer at CMWAC
Eligibility RequirementsTo be eligible, a student must:
- Be experiencing financial hardship
- Have graduated from Grade 12 by August 31 of the current year and be enrolled in full-time studies in any of the following fields: Social Work, Psychology, Nursing or Counselling
- Note: Bursaries are awarded to the selected candidates only after their proof of enrollment or continuing studies letter have been received by CMWAC
- Submit a copy of their latest report card
- Complete the application form:
- Describe any extracurricular activities, hobbies and/or volunteer history in a paragraph
- In addition to describing career objectives, research interests, and how the CMWAC bursary program will meet your career goals, the personal statement (500-700 words) Include a resume
- The Topic is “You(th) & Mental Health”
- Provide two letters of recommendation
- Available to attend the award ceremony at a fundraising event
Closes April 12, 2019
We will notify bursary recipients through the email you have provided on the application form. Please double check that your email address is current.
The application form can be downloaded here. Submit the completed form by email, fax or mail. If you have any questions about the bursary program or application, please do not hesitate to call or email our organization.
Accepting your offer
We will notify bursary recipients through the email you have provided in the application form. Please double check that your email address is current and that CMWAC is on your safe sender list.