Making a difference in the lives of studentsThe Charlene Reaveley Children’s Charity recognizes graduating students who harbor the hope and potential for a brighter tomorrow in the face of adversity through the loss of a parent and/or sibling.
CRCCS is proud to give back by providing financial recognition to students who exemplify Charlene’s involvement in the community and/or volunteer work which encourages the youth of today to be the leaders of tomorrow. This program was inspired by Charlene’s passion for children and desire for a closer community.
All bursaries require that candidates are in good academic standing, contribute to their communities, and will be furthering their education at a post-secondary institution upon graduation. CRCCS board of directors will select the successful recipients.
To qualify for a $1000 CRCCS bursary, the student will be required to meet the criteria. The criteria includes;
- Grade 12 graduating student
- Loss of a parent and/or a sibling
- Enrolled in a certified post secondary program within the same year of graduating
- Involved in the community/volunteer work
- a BC Resident
- Complete mailing address, contact information and full name of the applicant
- Complete mailing address, contact information and the name of secondary school
- A minimum 500 word essay on how they fit the criteria, including all contact information.
Applicants need to email or mail their completed essay with all criteria included and date stamped by April 15th of their graduating year.
Please ensure your application is complete.
Only complete applications are eligible for bursaries.
All criteria is required for a complete application.