Nomination and Application
- You must be nominated by your secondary school in order to apply for this scholarship. Only one student from each school may be nominated. Please inquire at your school if you would like to be considered for nomination. You must confirm your nomination by having your school principal sign and date the verification section of the application form.
Completed applications must be sent to the Ministry no later than February 15, 2019, to:
Provincial Scholarships Program
Ministry of Education
PO Box 9886 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria BC V8W 9T6
- The application package (PDF), includes a written statement worth 60% overall, and the resume worth 40% overall. It must be completed online in the mandatory format, printed, signed, and submitted by mail. Scoring guides (PDF) are available for reference. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Selection of winners will be finalized after August 31, 2019.
- Meet basic eligibility requirements
- Be in their graduation year with graduation to occur by August 31 of the school year in which they are nominated
- Be eligible for a B.C. Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Diploma) and fulfill graduation requirements of the 2004 Graduation Program by August 31, 2019
- Have at least a:
- "B" (73% or above) in their Language Arts 11 final mark
- "B" average in final course marks that fulfill graduation requirements of Science 11 or 12, Math 11 and Social Studies 11 or 12, with no more than one "C+" (67% or above) final course mark, (marks lower than “C+” are not accepted)
- Maintain a “B” average or better in Grades 11 and 12 final course marks required for graduation
- Write and pass a Language Arts 12 provincial examination
Your application package (PDF) must include:
- Resume in the mandatory format
- Two reference letters, one from your community and one from your school
- A written statement, maximum 500 words, which must describe:
- What led you to your most relevant community service, volunteer activity, and/or leadership role, and
- What you learned from this experience, and
- How this experience will benefit you in your chosen career path.
Please submit a BRAG Sheet to the Career Centre by January 15, 2019