Up to ten $1,000 scholarships are available and will be awarded to applicants who have promoted diversity awareness and acceptance in their in their community and have not previously received the Joint Diversity Scholarship. Click here for some examples of activities that would qualify. (*Link to connect to text below) This scholarship is available to students who are BC residents and are going to be pursuing post-secondary education at an accredited institution in the fall of 2015. Students in all stages of their education are eligible. Applicants are asked to demonstrate how they promote diversity awareness and acceptance in their community.
To apply for this scholarship please click here. Please note that the application process will re-open in January 2015 and applications must be received by May 1, 2015. view the 2014 Joint Diversity Scholarship winners
*Some examples of activities that promote diversity awareness and acceptance include:
- Participating in clubs that promote cooperation between cultures.
- Volunteering with organizations to assist persons with disabilities.
- Assisting programs that support seniors.
- Helping new Canadians learn about their neighborhood.
- Fundraising to support diversity awareness (e.g., cultural awareness, homelessness, elder care, etc.).